Location data–not to mention lots of other types of information–is what more and more enterprises are collecting for their analytics engines, so they can better understand where their customers are and perhaps they’re going to want to buy next.
Boundless, a 5-year-old server maker which specializes in open GIS (geographic information systems) for the enterprise, has seen this need and released the next iteration of its GIS software, Boundless Server, for this very purpose.
The company also announced that it has rebranded its flagship product, Boundless Suite, as Boundless Server. The St. Louis, Mo.-based company said that Boundless Server offers enhanced styling and increased interoperability with ArcGIS.
ArcGIS is a cloud-mapping platform designed to guide line-of-business users through specific tasks to get work done with ease and maximum benefit. Its tools are spatially intelligent, with little to no configuration required.
Boundless Server features a flexible architecture that enables organizations to reliably publish a range of data and workflows to web apps, desktop clients or mobile devices. Boundless Server is built on open source geospatial software and open APIs (application programming interfaces) with a flexible architecture that allows organizations to effectively manage and publish location data, the company said.
New features and capabilities include:
- Support for MBTiles is now prepackaged with the Boundless installer, including new support for Style Groups which allow users to publish a layer group based on an MBStyle doc.
- New label options ship with Server, including perpendicular offset, strike-through options, and enhanced character and word spacing. Labeling the border of polygons is also now supported (as opposed to just labeling the centroid).
- Support for publishing content in GeoServices REST format, which increases interoperability for ArcGIS Server users who are using web or mobile applications.
- Enhancements to the image mosaic, making it possible to filter and sort a mosaic by attributes (such as cloud cover or off-nadir angle).
- Upgraded GeoWebCache REST framework from Restlet to Spring MVC, which includes all new REST documentation about each endpoint through Swagger.
Boundless Server is available now. For more information and details on pricing, go here.