Major Components of Primetime
Major components of Primetime include the following:Adobe streaming technologies will support MPEG-DASH, a set of emerging standards for streaming multimedia content over the Web that will help reduce technology fragmentation. Support for MPEG-DASH, which is expected to become a profile of HDS, comes as Adobe continues to collaborate in this area with a large number of industry partners. At the same time, Adobe will continue to innovate and develop its HTTP streaming protocol, HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), which is used by major broadcasters worldwide. Primetime is being showcased to broadcasters and media companies starting Feb. 27 and is expected to be available in 2012 with support for Windows, Mac OS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Samsung Smart TVs and other platforms, Winokur said. The individual products and technologies of the platform continue to be available as separate offerings. Adobe Access support for iOS is expected to ship in spring 2012. For more information and a demo video visit the Digital Media blog.
- Adobe Auditude provides an ad management and monetization platform for high-quality advertising experiences, allowing publishers and media companies to increase the value of their content across connected devices, while also lowering operational costs.
- The Adobe Digital Marketing Suite is an integrated portfolio of analytics and optimization products that provide insight into the performance of digital marketing initiatives and allow marketers to personalize those initiatives for greater relevance and engagement.
- Adobe Access helps content owners, distributors and advertisers content protect premium videos and more securely deliver them to connected devices.
- Adobe streaming technologies serve rich media content across platforms including Apple iOS with a choice of powerful protocols that help save significant bandwidth costs and lighten network load.
- Adobe Pass verifies a user's entitlement to content in a manner that is both simple and secure.
- Primetime Highlights, Adobe's new video publishing offering, integrates a Web-based video clip editor with Adobe Auditude, enabling a single workflow for creating and monetizing live video clips on the fly.
Adobe Access 4 software will support native iOS apps, extending its existing support for desktop operating systems, Android apps and connected TVs. With added support for content using the HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) protocol for iOS devices, Adobe Access now enables premium video publishers to reach the broadest possible audience across devices with a single content protection workflow and infrastructure. Adobe Access, formerly known as Adobe FlashÂ® Access, already protects videos delivered across browsers and applications using RTMP and HDS (HTTP Dynamic Streaming) protocols.