Scentric Tackles Risk, Compliance Issues
The upstart company adds new features to what it calls "the world's first universal data classification solution."Scentric, a developer of what it calls "the worlds first universal data classification solution," on Oct. 31 launched Scentric Destiny R2, the latest version of its flagship product that aims to solve critical information governance problems through data classification and policy-based data management. Scentric Destiny is the first universal package for cataloging, classifying and controlling all types of data, regardless of where it is stored in the enterprise, a company spokesman said. "ESG estimates that organizations will archive over 24,000 petabytes of information over the next five years," said Brian Babineau, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group.
Brabeion automation tools focus on monitoring corporate compliance in real time. Click here to read more.
- Universal archiving: Supports archiving platforms from EMC, Hitachi, Archivas and PermaBit. This support is built on an extensible architecture that allows Scentric to support additional archive platforms in the future.
- Classification analysis: E-mail and file management policies for gap analysis and comprehensive data classification reports. Applications include IT storage resource allocation reporting, electronic discovery and fine-tuning policies.
- Data coverage: Supports management of data stored on NetWare and NFS file shares in addition to CIFS and local Windows data available in Scentric Destiny 1.0.
- Customization: Improved scripting capabilities to ease integration with external applications by allowing Destiny to pass the results of a classification to applications like backup and in-house-developed data and information management utilities.
- Reports: Introduces new report types for duplicate files and trending of resource consumption for file systems.
- User interface: Building on customer and partner feedback gained from deployments of Destiny 1.0, Destiny R2 simplifies critical classification tasks and also makes Destiny configuration simpler for enterprise environments with terabytes of storage, hundreds of application servers and thousands of desktops.