Intel Audio Studio
"> Intel partnered with Sonic Focus to create Intel Audio Studio, a new bundled audio application that arrives with Intel motherboards. For the D925XCV, D925XBC, and D915PBL models, IAS is free and included on the installation CD. On other models like the D915PGN, D915PSY, D915PCY, D915PCM, D915GAG, D915GAV, D915GEV, and D915GUX, a 20-use no-obligation trial version can be downloaded and purchased for $14.95. Intel is also working on a version of IAS that will work on some 865-based motherboards that can also be downloaded and then purchased for $14.95.
Sonic Focus technology touts the following features:
- MP3 audio quality restoration improves high sample-rate MP3 files close to CD quality, while dramatically improving lower-rate MP3 files.
- Full-range clarity enhancement adds vocal warmth and clarity to movie and game dialog and brilliance to solo instruments.
- Dynamic range compensation energizes the audio stream, enabling users to turn up the volume without a perceived fall-off in bass response.
- Audio environment modeling puts users in control of sound stage; studio acoustics are preconfigured by professional audio engineers to complement different media types and configurations of speakers and headphones.
- Bass definition processing analyzes and intelligently manages low-range signals, without muffling the midrange.
- Adaptive waveform analysis analyzes and adjusts audio streams based on content, with no requirement for users to constantly adjust settings.
- Distortion filtering through special DSP filters preserves sound quality while minimizing distortion.