Dashboard Determines Origin of Web Performance Issue
The Gomez First Mile is delivered as part of Compuware's Fall 2010 APM release, which includes new versions of the Gomez and Vantage product lines. In this APM-wide product release, Compuware is providing major updates to both the Gomez and Vantage offerings, which are further unified through a new "First Mile to Last Mile" operations dashboard that blends diagnostics and metrics from both product lines to instantly determine if a Web performance issue originates in the data center, the Internet, a third-party provider, or a user's browser or mobile device. "The Gomez First Mile is a breath of fresh air," said Dennis Drogseth, vice president at Enterprise Management Associates, in a statement. "First Mile combines a cohesive view of application performance inside and outside the firewall with cross-domain awareness-at a price point and time to deployment that should make it hugely attractive."Compuware also announced Compuware Vantage 11.5, which helps businesses realize the value of disruptive technologies, such as virtualization and WAN optimization, and Java/.Net application architectures by managing them as part of unified application performance solution. New functionality includes:
In addition to the First Mile, the Gomez Fall Release also includes:
- Cross-Browser Automated Image Analysis-An automated browser image analyzer using Gomez's patent-pending "RenderInspector" technology saves testing teams time and money.
- Gomez Multi-browser Agent Family Expansion-The Gomez multi-browser agent family has been expanded to include support for the Firefox agent across the Last Mile network and Gomez load testing. Organizations can further optimize their Web applications for all leading browsers.
- Gomez Recorder-The Gomez recorder can now be used to record scripts for active monitoring, mobile monitoring and load testing, thereby reducing training and operational costs.
- VMware Ready-Provides VMware customers with the assurance that they are choosing the best solution to address their APM needs. Unlike other APM solutions, Vantage provides application performance management across both physical and virtual environments.
- WAN Optimization Support-Provides the only true real-user monitoring solution that non-intrusively measures end-user experience in Riverbed and Cisco WAAS optimized WAN environments.
- Java/.NET Analysis Driven from End-User Experience-Allows IT to manage Java and .NET applications in context of the end-user experience, as opposed to other solutions that start from the JVM/CLR perspective and rely on limited integration points between separate analysis and reporting products.