Social, Mobile Go Hand-in-Hand
Carter also noted that social and mobile tend to go hand-in-hand and cited research that indicates that 68 percent of social networking activity happens on mobile devices. In August 2011, IBM announced new software, including a new IBM Connections app, designed to help organizations embrace social networking using a broad range of mobile devices. "Mobile will be a huge game changer in 2012," Carter said.IBM said the goals of the partnership are to help students:
Meanwhile, going further on the educational front, IBM and San Jose State University (SJSU) announced a collaborative effort to help students turn their social networking savvy into business-ready skills to prepare for the jobs of the future. This new academic program provides students with the opportunity to deepen technical and business skills in the emerging arena of social business.
- Understand the tenets of a smarter social business through the use of social networking software;
- Build business skills and real-world experience by assessing the social business capabilities and business challenges of an IBM partner organization;
- Develop teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Better understand how to use IBM social networking technologies; and
- Deepen relationships between faculty, students, IBM and IBM business partners.