Smith: A Leading IT Strategist
CIO Greg Smith provides six core business intelligence initiatives that he uses at the World Wildlife Fund.Greg Smith thinks big. Whether it be figuring out how to transmit data from remote areas or writing a groundbreaking new book on what it takes to be a CIO in this era, Smith is not only an IT practitioner, but also a leading strategist. Smith is vice president and CIO of World Wildlife Fund. He is also the author of "Straight to the Top: Becoming a World-Class CIO." In his answer to defining business intelligence, Smith provides six core business intelligence initiatives at the WWF.
2. Ad hoc query capability to facilitate quick lookup of key donor information. Both their marketing and development staff use this.
3. Analytics and modeling to help drive and increase revenue.
4. OLAP for slicing and dicing of donor and prospect data.
5. Web-reports using BI tools.
6. Theyre looking to move towards data mining and do more cluster analysis of their file. Check out eWEEK.coms for the latest news, reviews and analysis on IT management from CIOInsight.com.