UC4 Adds New Functionality to Automation Software
The company is now shipping ONE Automation, a unified approach to deploying and managing automation software across an enterprise.Automation is the most desired function in IT right now. With an ever-multiplying pile of data pouring into the world's data containers, IT managers need all the help they can get to maintain control over it all. Thus, the more IT can do on autopilot to get workloads processed in a timely manner, the better it is for everybody in the enterprise.
UC4, which claims to be the "world's largest independent IT automation software company," sees itself as coming to the rescue. The Vienna-based company on March 15 started shipping ONE Automation, a unified approach to deploying and managing automation software across an enterprise.
- Quality of Service control: context-aware automation with event sensing, pattern mapping and policy-based management
- Decision support: root cause analysis, workload analysis and reporting
- Job Scheduling: support for more than 19 operating systems and hypervisors
- Application Process Automation: rapid implementation with standardized process templates for leading ERP and industry applications
- Run Book: broad range of prepackaged functions for the most important data center operations
- Virtualization Management: capacity provisioning and integration to System Center and vCenter
- Application Release Automation: process flows, packaging, release and patch deployment
- Managed File Transfer:
high-performance transfer from any platform with encryption, compression
and check point restart.
UC4's U.S. headquarters is in Bellevue, Wash.