Welcome to the New eWEEK.com!
Check out the new face of the industry's leading enterprise news, analysis and reviews site. There are more changes inside.I hope you like the new look and feel of the industrys leading enterprise news, analysis and reviews site. Our team of analysts, reporters and producers has been burning the midnight oil to build the next generation of the best IT site on the Web. Besides the beautiful new look—which Im sure youve already noticed—weve added a number of features inside to make the eWEEK.com site more useful, more usable and more timely. These include:
- Easy-to-Find Sections:Look at the top of this story. See those simple, easy-to-understand section listings in our new horizontal navigation bar? Were making it easy to get to the content you want, from our best-of-breed news page that gives you whats happening now to reviews, case studies and more. Now its easier than ever to find what you want.
- Dynamic News First:Want just the facts? Then head to our News section, where youll see all the days big stories in an easy-to-scan format. Weve added in the Associated Press, too—to ensure you get the most important stories here first.
- Fourteen Topic-Driven Super Centers:Weve been publishing special sites focused on Storage, Wireless and Security for almost a year. Now weve brought those special sites into the eWEEK umbrella to put all our topic-based content together in one place. Your favorite expert editors—David Morgenstern, Larry Seltzer and Mary Jo Foley—are here, of course, and well be bringing you many new experts into the Topic Center fold over the next month. Each expert will be delivering twice-weekly analysis, along with creating the best topic-based destination on the Web. Each Topic Center includes:
- Daily news and analysis from the editors of eWEEK, PC Magazine and around the Web
- In-depth, focused reviews from eWEEK Labs, PC Magazine Labs and more
- Opinions, analysis, white papers, newsletters, case studies and more, all focused precisely on the topics you need to know about
- Wireless & Linux/Open-Source Experts:Im proud to announce the addition of two new Topic Center expert editors today: Guy Kewney, leading the wireless charge, and Steven Vaughan-Nichols on Linux and open source. Both are well-regarded as experts in their field. Guy hails from the United Kingdom, where hes been called the British Dvorak—and has developed a considerable following for his wireless expertise. Hell be bringing a global focus to our wireless coverage. Vaughan-Nichols has written for a number of Ziff-Davis titles in the past and is a whiz at all things Linux and open source.
- Detailed Reviews:eWEEK Labs provides the best reviews of enterprise IT products anywhere, and now theyve got a home on the Web. Dont miss our daily reviews, analysis, opinions and more. If youre buying, chances are weve reviewed it first.
- Baseline, CIO Insight and More:Here at Ziff Davis Media, we produce a wide range of the best IT information, from news and reviews to case studies, research, management and more. Now were integrating the award-winning content from our Baseline and CIO Insight magazines into eWEEK.com, to deliver a one-stop site with everything you need to manage your companys technology infrastructure. From CIO Insights monthly research of IT leaders to Baselines amazingly in-depth case studies, if its out there, its in here.
- IT Forums:Wouldnt you like to share ideas, experiences and facts with your peers? Well, now you can, with our new Discussion and Forum section. Here you can comment on opinions, share case studies and experiences, and kick back and meet your peers.
- All Your Favorites, Too: We havent forgotten what you already love about eWEEK.com. Our industry leading news team is still here, augmented by the return of reporter Matt Hicks. Spencer F. Katt, of course, maintains his prominent place as the rumor-kitty, and your favorite columnists, from Eric Lundquist to Peter Coffee, Jim Rapoza and more can all be found at eWEEK.com. In addition, well still be bringing you all the stories from the print version of eWEEK each week.