HP Delivers webOS 3.0 SDK to Developers
HP gives developers access to its webOS 3.0 SDK, which supports the HP TouchPad tablet and a new generation of webOS devices.HP has released its new webOS 3.0 software development kit, which takes advantage of new features on the recently released HP TouchPad tablet and supports the next generation of devices. In a March 30 blog post, Sean Lindo, marketing manager for developer communications in HP's Palm business unit, said the Feb. 9 release of the TouchPad, "not only marked the introduction of the first webOS tablet - it marked the beginning of a new vision for webOS and an unprecedented opportunity for developers."
Lindo also said HP is using webOS to create a seamless, secure and connected experience "across a multitude of products from smartphones, tablets, PCs, printers and other products that serve millions, from consumers to the enterprise." Developing for webOS now puts you in a position to deliver innovative apps to potentially millions of devices every year, he added.
- Use Enyo, the new framework that supports new and future webOS form factors
- Leverage core webOS features like Just Type, Synergy, Exhibition and more
- Reference new UI components, layouts and application examples
- Get helpful guidance on app structuring, design and navigation for TouchPad
1. Sign up for a Community or Developer Account. Log in to our forums at least once to activate your account.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our Early Access program.
3. Download the webOS 3.0 SDK in our private forums.
4. Get technical support by emailing us at email@example.com.