Companies Demonstrate Mobile and Wireless Innovation
Companies demonstrate mobile and wireless innovation
Nine young companies gave four-minute demonstrations of their innovative, new mobile and wireless product or service:
1. Aava Mobile: new, open mobile smartphone reference design
2. Connectify: mobile hotspots for mobile devices
3. Kopin: innovative, voice-controlled, full PC headset called Golden-i
4. Loopt: mobile social networking application that uses the subscriber's location
6. Omnilert: event cancellation notification service called RainedOut
7. Smartvue: mobile video surveillance service called S9
8. SugarSync: innovative photo and file sharing service
9. Toktumi: virtual office service called Line2 to manage personal and work phones
I'm pleased to announce the 2010 Mobility Award winners. Of particular note, I'm very pleased to award the 2010 Product of the Year Mobility Award to Novatel for their introduction of the MiFi integrated WiFi Access Point (out toward the user) and 3G wide area wireless (back toward the network), enabling WiFi access for all of your devices wherever you go. John Ross of Novatel (considered the "father of MiFi") and Brian Finnerty, Director of Mobile Broadband Products at Sprint, accepted the Mobility Award for Product of the Year.
I wrote about my personal experiences with MiFi last August. They took the concept of something that was stationary (a WiFi Access Point) and made it mobile. I commend Novatel for their innovation. I also recognized Sprint and Verizon Wireless for bringing MiFi to market.