PGi Launches New iPad, Desktop Apps for GlobalMeet 3.0
Host-enabled iPad app has the ability to drag-and-drop files into a meeting from the desktop.Atlanta-based Premiere Global Services, which has been serving up remote audio and video meetings for enterprises for two decades, on May 30 launched a new version of its GlobalMeet audio and Web conferencing software that includes an iPad app.
PGi's cloud-based services deliver multi-point, real-time virtual collaboration using video, voice and file-sharing IT. Apps are available for desktops, tablets or mobile devices, the company said.
- A new iPad app that lets users host mobile meetings with all the controls of a Web meeting from the desktop, including sharing files; it will available soon in the Apple App Store;
- A new desktop application to start and schedule meetings with a single click, monitor meeting activity and even drag-and-drop files into a meeting directly from the desktop;
- An integrated "softphone" that allows users to talk via their computer;
- Full-screen desktop viewing for crystal-clear file and screen sharing;
- An enhanced cloud-based content library that lets users access and manage files, presentations and recordings directly from their meeting, even while traveling.