Palm Pre Specs Include 3.1-Inch Touchscreen, 3-Megapixel Camera
Palm released the specs for the upcoming Palm Pre, the smartphone that the company is relying upon to help regain its much-eroded market share in the mobile arena. The smartphone will include both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keypad, and run on the new Palm WebOS. Palm hopes the Pre will eclipse both the iPhone and products from Research In Motion.With potentially its existence on the line, Palm released new specs for its Palm Pre smartphone, the device it hopes will help it reclaim market share from the Apple iPhone and Research In Motion's Blackberry devices.
Sprint previewed the phone at the 2009 CTIA in Las Vegas, and has now released the specs for the phone on their site. Specs
- Operating system will be the Palm WebOS
- The 3.1-inch touchscreen will feature a 320x480 resolution HVGA display.
- The top part of the unit slides up to reveal a physical QWERTY keyboard.
- Microsoft Outlook email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology, and POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL and others).
- Messaging options: integrated IM, SMS and MMS.
- Built-in GPS
- 3-megapixel camera with LED flash and extended depth of field.
- Supported audio formats include MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, and WAV.
- Supported video formats include: MPEG-4, H.263, and H.264.
- Supported image formats include: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP
- Wireless connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g with WPA, WPA2, 802.1X authentication. Bluetooth 2/1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
- Memory: 8GB of user storage (approximately 7.4 GB user available), and USB mass storage support
- MicroUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Compatible with the Palm Touchstone charging dock
- Weight: 135 grams (4.76 ounces)
- Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches)
- Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches)
- Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)