Print Size in Outlook Express
The only way to sync Outlook Express and Internet Explorer so that e-mail messages print properly.Q: I am running Microsoft Windows XP with Outlook Express as my e-mail client. My font for composing messages is 10-point Arial and my mail-sending format is HTML. When I print an incoming message, it prints in Arialbut in 14-point size. This problem does not occur with any of my other output, such as from my word processor, only when I print from OE. I have checked all of the settings in OE and cannot find an answer. Do you have any suggestions?Don Schley A: This is a known issue, and Microsoft offers a very specific cure. Follow these steps:
1. In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options. In the Read tab, click Fonts. Choose Smallest.
2. Click OK twice to close OEs options.
3. In Internet Explorer, select View | Text Size | Smallest from the menu.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Launch OE. Repeat steps 1 to 3, choosing Medium or your preferred size.
6. Launch IE; select the same size as for OE.OE and IE work together to display HTML messages and to print messages. Once you get them back in sync, your problem should vanish.