Google Analytics Adds Real-Time, Social Media Reports
Google has updated its Google Analytics suite to improve the collection of Website data to help measure user patterns and responses. Additions include real-time, mobile and social media reports.After being available as a beta release for more than a year, Google's new version of Analytics now officially replaces the old version that's been both loved and cursed at by business users since its debut. "After a year of supporting both the old and new versions of Analytics, we are now fully transitioning and leaving the old version behind," Paul Muret, director of engineering for Google Analytics, wrote in a July 17 blog post.
The new version of Analytics, which is used by Website owners to track the success of their online advertising campaigns, analyze their Web traffic and evaluate what is and isn't working to pull in eyeballs, includes a host of new features such as:
- Real-Time: Now site owners can see whats happening on a Website as it happens to see the effects of online campaigns, television ads or public mentions of a site at a live event.
- Multi-Channel Funnels: Allows users to visually see how all the different parts of a marketing campaign add up to customer conversions over a 30-day period.
- Social Reports: Users can create targeted reports to help measure the impact of social marketing initiatives and evaluate the effects of social media on their site statistics.
- Mobile Reports: These reports can help site owners see how visitors from mobile devices and AdWords mobile campaigns engage with their Websites, with details on the number of pages visited, time spent on the site and more.
- Content Experiments: Site owners can use this feature to show different versions of a page to different visitors and then use site data to determine which version is most effective with the audience.