American Express Bank International already has begun to improve its compliance program, Aftran told eWEEK. "We have made a commitment to continuing [to improve] this work," Aftran said. According to Aftran, the bank is now:
Check out eWEEK.coms Security Center for the latest security news, reviews and analysis. And for insights on security coverage around the Web, take a look at eWEEKs Security Watch blog.
- contracting with compliance experts to conduct a comprehensive review of existing programs;
- improving compliance policies, procedures, and coordination among business units;
- improving management oversight and internal controls;
- enhancing the staffing of the compliance department; and
- better managing the reporting of suspicious activities.