Cisco Systems to Launch New Virtual Networking at VMworld
The world's largest networking company is highlighting a major new virtual networking technology, which will be its biggest news at VMworld 2011.Cisco Systems, slogging through a relatively tough time in its 20-year history, is putting its troubles aside and focusing on launching a flock of new products, mostly co-delivered with host VMware Aug. 30 at VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas. The world's largest networking company has endured layoffs, product cutbacks and major strategy changes during the last 12 months as it looks to expand into other markets.
- Unified Computing System advancements for cloud infrastructures;
- Nexus 1000V virtual switching solutions that support VMware vSphere 5 and VMware vCloud Director 1.5;
- Cloud security capabilities to better protect multitenant data centers and cloud environments;
- Cloud security capabilities based on Cisco's ASA firewall technology to better protect multitenant data centers and cloud environments; and
- Unspecified new scalable and media rich desktop virtualization solutions.