Additional Marketing Initiatives
Additional marketing initiatives to be unveiled at Impact consist of:
"Innov8 is a very powerful tool enabling us to expand how we are able to present IBM and Prolifics joint solutions using 'real world' scenarios," said Nicolas Jabbour, CEO of Prolifics. "The scenarios showcased in the game, Smarter Traffic, Smarter Supply Chain and Smarter Customer Service, are reflective of the types of projects that IBM and Prolifics have teamed up on over the past two years."IBM will announce new joint partner products, including one with Hubspan to deliver a new SAAS (software-as-a-service) integration platform. This new offering will combine the Hubspan on-demand integration platform and IBM WebSphere integration software into a single platform that can help businesses reduce the cost, complexity and risk of integrating business processes across internal and external communities. "Our business partner community is vital to our success and by listening to and working with our business partners, IBM is able to respond to market changes more rapidly," said Sandy Carter, IBM's vice president of SOA and WebSphere. "That is why we are expanding our partner initiatives that reinforce IBM's commitment to our business partners." Additional elements of today's announcement include:
- SOAsocial - A social network created especially for the SOA community. This will allow partners and clients to follow SOA-relevant social activities and actively participate in SOA conversations across SOA communities.
- SOA Business Catalog - A redesign of this resource that provides business partners and customers with access to more than 23,500 tested SOA assets and helps in the development of their solutions. The new release includes improved search functions that let shoppers search for service-based products by business need, SOA entry point or product type. In addition, new live chat capabilities will offer sales assistance.
- "Green" Supply Chain: Players evaluate a traditional supply chain model and are tasked with reducing a fictional company's carbon footprint.
- Efficient Traffic Flow: Players evaluate existing traffic patterns and reroute traffic based on sensors that alert the player to disruptions such as accidents and roadway congestion.
- Call Center Customer Service: Using a call center environment, players develop more efficient ways to respond to customers.
Prolifics is one of the first partners to team with IBM by helping joint customers visualize business process management (BPM) using Innov8.
"Innov8 is a very powerful tool enabling us to expand how we are able to present IBM and Prolifics joint solutions using 'real world' scenarios," said Nicolas Jabbour, CEO of Prolifics. "The scenarios showcased in the game, Smarter Traffic, Smarter Supply Chain and Smarter Customer Service, are reflective of the types of projects that IBM and Prolifics have teamed up on over the past two years."
- IBM Spaces - New micro-Websites focused on a specific software project, development activity, user group community, technical expert, or any other technical subject of interest to partners and clients.
- Free certifications to support business partner sales requirements - 29 SOA and WebSphere course packages featuring seven new certifications will be available at no charge to business partners at IBM Impact 2009. Business partners can use sessions and content throughout the week to build their skills. They will then be able to take these required certifications while at the event.
- Updates to the SOA sandbox - The hands-on environment will help partners to learn about the SOA software portfolio. Included in the updates are new exercises and industry business patterns.
- Impact Comes to You - IBM is offering a series of predefined events, deliverables and suggested agendas to help partners deliver the latest in SOA messaging directly to their customers.