OpSource is certainly not alone as an IT company that may not be easily understood by a large number of people and, thus, by potential customers.
CEO Treb Ryan is objective enough to know this and is determined to make clarifications if and when necessary.
The Santa Clara, Calif.-based enterprise cloud services and managed hosting provider July 19 announced that it has restructured its product portfolio and developed some new customized services to fit into specific vertical markets. Those markets include telecommunications, health care, science and retail.
All are designed to coordinate the use of cloud and managed hosting service to support ever-more-complex IT requirements.
"CIOs must be able to use cloud computing resources and SAAS [software-as-a-service] applications as easily and securely as internally managed resources," Ryan said.
"More than 30 percent of our managed hosting customers with dedicated environments also use our pay-as-you-go cloud services. At the same time, more and more of our OpSource Cloud customers were asking for help to scale their mission-critical applications running on the cloud. It just made sense to integrate our product portfolio."
Ryan told eWEEK that OpSource, whose primary business up to now has been online application optimization software and services, now has reorganized its offerings into services and solutions. The company's four primary services now are:
- Managed hosting: A bundled managed cloud service for enterprises that includes colocation, network connectivity, dedicated or virtual servers, operating system management, storage, firewalls, load balancers, and backup infrastructure.
- Cloud hosting: A pay-as-you-go service that includes a virtual server, Linux or Microsoft Windows operating system, CPU, RAM, storage and customer-configurable VLAN, firewall, and load balancer.
- Application operations: A bundle of application management services that include database management, change management, performance management, application optimization and compliance.
- Business operations: Business tools that simplify billing, analytics and customer support.
OpSource's customized solutions, which include software, hardware, and services from partners and/or other vendors, are:
- SAAS ISV solutions: Cloud and managed hosting services paired with application operations and business operations to scale operations and shorten time to market.
- Telecom solutions: White Label resale of the OpSource Cloud with Business Operations billing integration.
- Cloud platform solutions: integration of the OpSource Cloud into platform-as-a-service (PAAS) solutions.
The company also has introduced the OpSource Partner Ecosystem partner program to deliver joint solutions, Ryan told eWEEK. This provides benefits for developers and consultants, cloud platforms, integrators and MSPs, telecoms and distributors and resellers.