Salesforce Says Latest Apps Let Users Run Business on Mobile Devices
Salesforce.com is introducing new and updated products that are designed to enable businesses to run their sales operations entirely on mobile devices.SAN FRANCISCO—Salesforce.com is using its Lightning technology to revamp its suite of cloud Customer Relationship Management applications to enable businesses of every size to run their sales operations on smartphones and tablets. "Mobile isn't just about bringing the Salesforce app to the phone; that will never work," said CEO Marc Benioff at an event here for customers, analysts and press. "We have a vision that every company should have the ability to run [its] business on a phone." He noted that every application ever built for Salesforce is available to run on a mobile device and that apps such as its Chatter for collaboration have been "reconceptualized" for mobile. The introduction last September of a new interface and capabilities for the Salesforce CRM platform—based on its so-called Lightning technology—at the company's Dreamforce conference was the start of a major shift at Salesforce.
In keeping with the February 2 event's Super Bowl theme, Benioff said the announcements were designed to be like a "half time" between the company’s annual Dreamforce conferences, showing new products and a peek at what's next.
- Salesforce SteelBrick CPQ (Configure Price Quote), which uses technology acquired from the earlier acquisition of SteelBrick. Since Sales Cloud gives sales reps leads and opportunities to generate new business, SteelBrick CPQ completes the sales cycle, covering everything from sales leads to cash.
- Lightning Voice, a new feature embedded in Sales Cloud Lightning that gives sales reps click-to-call, auto-logging of calls and call forwarding so they can take calls from wherever they are.
- SalesforceIQ Inbox, which basically brings the CRM features of a separate app right to the email inbox. One of its features prompts sales reps to enter the results of a sales call, including questions, next steps and more, right after they complete a customer contact. This relieves reps of having to set aside time later to enter all of the information for multiple calls into a separate CRM app.
- Salesforce1 Mobile gives Salesforce users the ability to enter information offline on Android and iOS, for example during an airplane flight. All the information is updated across the platform once the device reconnects to the network.
- Sales Wave App is a data-driven analytics app for sales reps that includes new dashboards for pipeline trending, performance benchmarking and activity management—all designed to help reps close more deals.