Oracle Goes New School by Launching Own Public Cloud
Oracle Cloud is the full package, complete with Platform Services, Application Services and Social Networking Services.REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Oracle, for more than a generation a proponent and defender of the conventional on-premises data center system, is now officially both a cloud-systems and cloud-services provider. The all-purpose IT products and services provider launched its Oracle Cloud on June 6 before several hundred invited guests (mostly customers, analysts, journalists) and a Webcast audience in a media event on its San Francisco Bay shores campus here.
Oracle Cloud is the full package, complete with Platform Services, Application Services and Social Networking Services. It is up and running now, and you can access it here.
- Java Services to develop, deploy and manage Java applications using Oracle WebLogic.
- Developer Services to allow application developers to collaboratively build applications.
- Web Services to build Web applications rapidly using PHP, Ruby, and Python.
- Mobile Services to allow developers to build cross-platform native and HTML5 mobile applications for smartphones and tablets.
- Documents Services to allow project teams to collaborate and share documents through online workspaces and portals.
- Sites Services to allow business users to develop and maintain visually engaging .com sites.
- Analytics Services to allow business users to build and share analytic dashboards and reports through the cloud.
- ERP: A complete set of Financial Accounting, Project Management, Procurement, Sourcing, and Governance, Risk & Compliance applications.
- HCM: A complete Human Capital Management solution including Global HR, Workforce Lifecycle Management, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and other applications.
- Talent Management: A complete Talent Management solution, including Recruiting, Sourcing, Performance Management, and Learning.
- Sales and Marketing: A complete Sales and Marketing solution including Sales Planning, Territory Management, Leads & Opportunity Management, and Forecasting.
- Customer Experience: A complete Customer Service solution including Web Self-Service, Contact Centers, Knowledge Management, Chat, and email Management.