Number of new applications filed in April for approval by lab engineers 126
Breakdown of those applications
- 34 percent are for transmitters for use in licensed services, such as land, mobile, marine and aviation.
- 31 percent are other unlicensed transmitters, such as childrens walkie-talkies, field disturbance sensors, access control systems and keyless entry systems.
- 15 percent are for spread-spectrum systems, such as wireless local area network cards and some cordless telephones.
- 12 percent are cellular and personal communications services handsets.
- 8 percent are for devices that could have been self-approved by the submitting manufacturers, such as receivers and FM broadcast transmitters.
Total application backlog as of April 30 271
Average time to approve a new PCS/mobile device 42 days
Target time 30 days