SAP Jam Worth Millions in ROI, Forrester Study Finds
Forrester, commissioned by SAP, interviewed users of Jam and found that, while it doesn't come cheap, better collaboration is worth millions.SAP has been touting the benefits of Jam, its cloud-based business platform. Now, a study conducted by Forrester Consulting (on behalf of SAP) is confirming—and qualitating—Jam's worth. Forrester surveyed 30 enterprise-size Jam customers and conducted interviews with five that have multiple years of experience with the product. What it found, SAP shared Aug. 16, is that over three years, organizations can experience:
- a 15 percent decrease in the time it takes to access information or expertise, which can lead to gains of more than $17 million;
- a 9 percent reduction in the length of time it takes to close new business, leading to sales efficiencies worth potentially $4.8 million over three years;
- customer service issues that are more quickly resolved, leading to a potentially 14 percent reduction in costs;
- a 19 percent reduction in the costs related to training and onboarding new employees, which can lead to savings of $5.7 million; and
- a 20 percent reduction in overlapping licensing fees from multiple collaboration products.
Collaboration, that is, coupled with efficiency.
- software licensing fees totaling more than $2.8 million over three years (annual recurring fees based on per-user pricing);
- implementation costs of $760,000 (one-time professional service fees for setup and configuration); and
- ongoing training and support costs of $825,000 over three years.