IBM Launches Sports, Entertainment Consortium
IBM announces a new Sports and Entertainment Global Consortium to design, build and deliver the ultimate fan experience.With a storied history of supporting professional sports such as golf and tennis, IBM today announced the Sports and Entertainment Global Consortium, which was created to design, build and deliver the ultimate fan experience. IBM also announced it new Sports, Entertainment and Fan Experience consulting practice led by Jim Rushton, who joins IBM after serving as chief revenue officer of the Miami Dolphins and Miami's Sun Life Stadium. "Sports enterprises and venues need to look at ways to get to know their loyal fans as individuals, and convert that fan loyalty into new revenue streams—not just on game days but 365 days a year," Rushton said in a statement. Rushton's consulting practice will deploy more than 100 global specialists with experience in design, mobility, marketing and data analytics supported by a global network of 20 digital design studios. "It's an ongoing experience that starts when a fan purchases tickets, travels to the venue, attends an event; and it continues well after the event is over." The new consortium brings together IBM's IT experience in such areas as construction and design, network infrastructure, wireless and telecommunications. Collectively, consortium members already are working with more than 250 of the world's top venues. The sports consortium offers clients an integrated capability spanning design, strategy, technology and data to drive growth and profit across all sports enterprise businesses.
Founding members of the consortium, include:
- Architecture and Design: HOK
- Construction and Design: AECOM, Whiting Turner
- Infrastructure Technology, Software & IPTV: Alcatel-Lucent, Anixter, CommScope, Corning, Juniper Networks, Ruckus Wireless, Schneider Electric, Smarter Risk, Tellabs, Ucopia, Zebra Technologies, YinzCam, Zhone
- Communications Solutions Providers: AT&T, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Level 3, Zayo
- Fan Experience Consulting, Mobile Applications & Data Management Integration: IBM