Seven Steps to a Proper Video Resume:
- Do make sure your perspective employer is open to receiving a video resume.
- Do let your passion and enthusiasm show—youve got 30 seconds to get their attention.
- Do maintain a professional demeanor and err on the side of conservatism.
- Do keep it succinct and focused—under 2 minutes if possible.
- Do create a script, but dont make yourself sound scripted.
- Dont brag.
- Dont try to shoehorn in every one of your accomplishments.
Check out eWEEK.coms Careers Center for the latest news, analysis and commentary on careers for IT professionals.