Xerox, WDS Advise Mobile Carriers on Keeping Fickle Subscribers Loyal

 
 
By Michelle Maisto  |  Posted 2013-09-13 Email Print this article Print
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Xerox made a name for itself with copiers but in recent years has become a leader (per Gartner) in the services space. While it still makes $1.4 billion a year selling paper and similar products, it makes $11.8 billion offering business process outsourcing (BPO), information technology outsourcing (ITO) and document outsourcing (DO) services. Since refining its practices through its initial business, it has taken on major accounts—it handles payments processing for Medicaid and "runs parking" for the city of Los Angeles—and in 2012 acquired WDS, a customer experience management company, to fully round out its capabilities. On Sept. 4 Xerox presented an overview of its business and a look at future areas it's investigating, and shared the results of a 2013 loyalty audit of mobile services customers. The audit found that only 13 percent of U.S. customers are "truly loyal" to their mobile operator—willing to resist competitive promotions and forgive issues. To the operators of the other 87 percent of customers, Xerox offers the advice below.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Submit a Comment

Loading Comments...
 
Manage your Newsletters: Login   Register My Newsletters























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel