Verizon: HTC Droid DNA Update Coming Soon
The Droid DNA will soon receive its first software update, with several connectivity improvements among the fixes, Verizon officials say.The very excellent Droid DNA by HTC has not been without its bugs and hassles. But soon, for the first time since Verizon Wireless began selling the smartphone, users will have the option of updating the software—and ditching those bugs. That said, users shouldn't get their hopes too high and expect that the long-coming update will actually offer the very latest version of Android. And never mind Android version 4.2.1—Android Authority says to not even cross any fingers for 4.1.2. Still, Verizon officials say exciting enhancements are included in the update. Specifically:
- Users will be able to load videos on HuluPlus.
- Improvements to HotSpot connectivity have been made.
- The audio quality for wired headsets and earpieces has been upgraded.
- Bluetooth connectivity and volume levels for specific models have been improved.
- Enhancements to the reliability and stability of the contacts lists have been made.
- WiFi connectivity has been improved.
- Improvements also have been made to the default browser for zooming capabilities.
- Incoming messages will display with the correct time stamp.
- The Enhanced Recent Apps function has been upgraded.
The Droid DNA features a 5-inch display that was the first with a 1080p HD super LCD 3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2. It's an undeniably gorgeous, attention-grabbing display that makes taking and viewing photos and videos a real pleasure.