Google Fiber Matters: 10 Reasons Why
5. It puts consumers on noticeConsumers are now on notice: Stick with the same old service you've grown accustomed to or get something truly special. The trouble for most consumers is that in the vast majority of cases, Google Fiber isn't available yet. But it will be. And once it is, many of those customers will likely opt to buy into Google's offering.
6. It's intriguing to corporate usersCorporate users are especially intrigued by Google Fiber. The prospect of high-powered broadband with extremely fast upload speeds is something that the enterprise has been seeking for years. And it's clear now that Google Fiber can deliver it. Expect the enterprise to drive Google Fiber integration.
7. Cable companies can't stand itCable companies can't stand Google Fiber. And that alone makes it worth knowing about. That the chief competitors to Google Fiber have found nothing good about the service is a telltale sign that we should pay attention to it—and ignore the competitive misgivings.
8. Municipalities are dying to have itOne of the key reasons Google Fiber is growing so quickly in terms of its market appeal is that municipalities across the United States are dying to get their hands on it. In fact, those municipalities are lining up, all with the hope of deploying Fiber to their voters. And why not? It could make it easier to be re-elected.
9. It integrates Google services
Google has also made the smart decision to bundle its many core services with Fiber. So users will find ample storage through Google Drive. Better yet, the company is making its services available to corporate customers, including Google Docs. Google's integration strategy is hugely important.