Your IT skills are a global commodity. And they are vastly cheaper in other parts of the world. As programming and other top jobs move abroad, the gaps they leave behind affect everyone—especially Uncle Sam and national security. These articles bring you the tools and advice to evaluate the changing landscape of human resources and technology jobs. They also give you some advice on managing projects globally, as well as what skills companies are concerned about keeping domestic, including intellectual property and core applications.
This Baseline guide offers a comprehensive analysis of offshore outsourcing trends, economic and labor statistics, and company interviews.
In This Report:
- Offshore Outsourcings Hidden Costs
- Depleting The U.S. Tax Base?
- National Security: Off the Radar?
- Faith in U.S. Innovation?
Plus: Download a global comparison of CIO and programmer salary info for 12 countries. (Registration required)
Discuss this in the eWEEK forum.
Resources and Related Links
- How To Manage A Globally Staffed Project
- Overseas Will Always Require Oversight
- Calculating Costs of Developing An Insourcing Strategy
- Cheaper by the Rupee