HP Goes Agile
BARCELONA, Spain - HP has announced a set of new solutions aimed at helping enterprise organizations build software in a more agile way, using Agile development methodologies.
Expanding the company's HP Software Applications portfolio to enhance Agile methods are HP Sprinter and HP Agile Accelerator 4.0. HP announced the new solutions at its HP Software Universe 2010 conference here, which is the company's premier enterprise software event for its customers, partners and developers.
HP Sprinter accelerates application deployment by automating the data set-up process for testing. This speeds manual testing efforts, including exploratory testing techniques often used in Agile development.
HP Agile Accelerator 4.0 manages Agile development projects with predefined workflows and configurations that significantly simplify the application delivery process. It allows IT resources to deliver higher quality applications by facilitating testing within Agile methods. This enables IT teams to rapidly deliver the complex, composite Web 2.0 applications that the market demands.
Indeed, a recent Forrester Consulting study commissioned by HP showed that 81 percent of organizations in Europe, 84 percent in Asia Pacific and 78 percent in North America, have adopted or plan to adopt Agile methods for application delivery. Agile is a methodology for developing quality software and supporting application modernization initiatives.
HP Agile Accelerator 4.0 enhances collaboration among developers, quality assurance and business analysts, HP officials said. This software solution ensures that clients can meet their Agile delivery objectives without compromising quality. Based on HP Application Lifecycle Management 11, HP Quality Center software and HP Application Lifecycle Management consulting services, Agile Accelerator 4.0 manages development projects from initial requirements to production.
New enhancements in HP Agile Accelerator 4.0 enable IT teams to:
- Increase efficiency by enabling testers to reuse unit tests created by developers through integration with Junit, NUit and FitNesse. This enhances collaboration and communication between quality assurance (QA) and development professionals.
- Deliver applications faster and eliminate manual errors. HP Agile Accelerator 4.0 helps automatically initiate the build process with new support for integration tools including Cruise Control and Hudson.
- Provide management with greater visibility into complex, composite applications that require the support of multiple teams by delivering easily generated, comprehensive, on-demand reports.
Meanwhile, HP also provides services organizations seeking Agile development. With its HP Consulting Solutions for Agile, HP offers services and expertise to support clients' application modernization initiatives with Agile practices. This enables clients to:
- Improve the success of projects with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Consulting Services for Agile, which are comprehensive assessment, design, implementation and management services for ALM and Agile strategies.
- Better support business objectives with the HP ALM Discovery Workshop for Agile, which helps clients define a roadmap and easily adopt Agile.
- Accelerate time-to-value with Agile Accelerator Packaged Implementation Services, which create tailored solutions for individual client needs and environments.
More information about HP Agile Accelerator is available at www.hp.com/go/agile.