Enterprise Mobility: Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It`s Now on Top
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 2
1. Androids UbiquityThere is little debating the importance that ubiquity has played on the success of Android OS. With the help of so many great Android devices, more and more customers have adopted Googles operating system. No single device is beating the iPhone, but if nothing else, Android OS has proven that a bundle of moderate-selling products is better than one big one.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 3
2. Googles FocusGoogle has shown since the beginning that it has one main goal in mind: to beat the competition as quickly and efficiently as possible. It has done that with the kind of focus and expertise that few expected the search giant to have in the mobile market. Along the way, its applied the principles of its success in the search engine field to its mobile strategy.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 4
3. MotorolaMotorola has been integral to the success of Android OS. With the release of the companys Droid, Motorola started a firestorm in the Android space. And now, with the companys Droid X and Droid 2 on Verizon store shelves, the company is providing even more value to customers. Going forward, Motorola will likely double down on Android OS. Considering customers acceptance of those products, its not a stretch to say that the company will continue to enjoy such success going forward.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 5
4. Apples MistakesApple might be wildly successful, but the company has made mistakes over the years that have helped Android OS become so popular. For example, Apples desire to deny certain applications access to the App Store rubbed some consumers the wrong way. And its unwillingness to deliver multitasking for so long turned some consumers to other devices. Plus, the company still hasnt nixed its AT&T exclusivity. Those combined issues have pushed some consumers to Google.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 6
5. VerizonVerizon is widely considered the top carrier in the space. It has the most subscribers; it has the best service around the country; and it has outstanding customer service, according to a recent study by J.D. Power and Associates. But the company is also heavily invested in Android. And its continuing commitment to the mobile operating system has helped increase Googles market share by a wide margin over the past few years.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 7
6. The Nexus OneGoogles Nexus One is viewed as a failure by most. After all, the device was discontinued after a relatively short amount of time on store shelves. But it served a key purpose: it was branded by Google and it gave Android OS the kind of hype that only a Google product could offer. In other words, Nexus One put Android OS on the map. And its legacy is still being felt today as more and more consumers buy an Android-based device.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 8
7. iPhone 4 Antenna IssuesAlthough Apple was successful at getting the iPhone 4s antenna problems out of the headlines, it still had a major impact on Android OS. Consumers were concerned that their calls would drop. And it was viewed as another strike against Apples relationship with AT&T. The issue pushed some consumers to Android. Its possible that those folks wont come back anytime soon.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 9
8. Androids Vast ImprovementsWhen Android first launched, the operating system was hampered by several issues. It didnt have many of the features available in iOS, and it lacked the kind of usability that consumers wanted. But over time, Google has made Android OS far more usable. Now its arguably more feature-packed than iOS nowadays. Consumers have realized that. Theyre starting to buy Android-based devices at an increasing rate because of it.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 10
9. Google Plays Nice with DevelopersApple has made some serious mistakes throughout the years in its handling of developers. The company was secretive and it denied certain applications for what seemed to be poor reasons. Google hasnt followed that path. The search giant has played nice with developers, and in the process, its Android Market has grown with outstanding programs. Its still dwarfed in size by the App Store, but applications have drawn customers to Android OS that would have otherwise gone to Apples iPhone.
Google Android OS Secrets to Success: 10 Reasons It's Now on Top - Page 11
10. RIMs FailuresRIM has helped Android OS become the success that is. Before Apple and Google joined the mobile market, it was RIM that dominated. That was the company that was captivating audiences. But the company failed to see the future as Apple and Google joined the market. And now, its watching Android OS overtake it and start dominating the smartphone space. Simply put, RIMs lackadaisical attitude has only helped Android over the past few years.