links for 2007-01-05
- A very detailed look at openSUSE 10.2 from a long-time SUSE user, with a focus on server roles.
- "Canonical CEO Mark Shuttleworth claims that there are at least 8 million Ubuntu Linux desktops alone out there. I wish I could believe that number, but I don't." Let's ask Mark where he gets that number.
- A patch has been widely released for a vulnerability in the OpenOffice.org productivity suite, a problem rated as "highly critical" by one security vendor.
- "MySQL has changed the license it uses for its open source database management system to avoid being forced to move to the forthcoming GPL v3." Makes sense--MySQL should make its own licensing decisions.
- "Can moving to an all-Microsoft environment save your business time, money and aggravation? More and more IT departments are saying yes." I guess they don't call it Redmond Mag for nothing.