Google's Gmail Tasks List Feature Comes to iGoogle
Great news for users of Google's Gmail task list tool, which people use to create short lists of things to do for the day and manage them in Gmail, Google Calendar, iGoogle and on their mobile phones.
After installing the gadget, click on the icon in the top-right corner to see and organize all your tasks at once. For example, after installing the gadget, I saw this list in my iGoogle page:
Clicking the upper-right button brought me this:
This is a thoughtful, if not an obvious, gadget for Tasks users, some of whom may not be privy to all this tool does. To wit, Google offered these tips, followed by a brief video demo:
- When you have completed a task and no longer want it to appear on your list, click "Clear completed" in the actions menu. Review completed tasks by clicking "View completed tasks."
- In the default "My order" view, press tab to indent a task you're editing, making it a sub-task of the one above. Press shift + tab to reverse this operation.
- Try ctrl + up/down (â + up/down on a Mac) to move the task you're editing up and down the list. Move a task that has sub-tasks, and they'll come along with it.
- Ctrl + up/down also works in sort by date view, where it will alter the task's due date by one day. You can use this to quickly plan out your week's activities or postpone a task for another day.
- Press shift + enter to edit the details of a task, including its notes and due date. You can also use this view to move your task to another list.
The video shows Tasks in mobile.
Bringing Tasks to the iGoogle palette shows how popular the feature has been. Do you use Tasks?