The suite will offer single-sign-on access control and password management for many Oracle applications such as Oracle Database, Forms, Discoverer and E-Business Suite, as well as some non-Oracle applications.
The new secure suite from Oracle will provide users with protected access to their enterprise resources without the users having to remember separate passwords and authentication credentials for each system and application, the company said.
"The availability of Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite further enables customers to improve security throughout their entire organizations and to more easily meet compliance mandates while reducing costs," Hasan Rizvi, vice president of security and identity management products at Oracle, said in a statement.
The suite is made up of five elements that will bring enterprises enhanced authentication and self-service capabilities, including:
- Logon Manager: Allows users to access their Web-based and legacy applications with a user name and password but without having to constantly change and update passwords
- Password Reset: Enables users to set or recover lost passwords through a protected self-service interface in Windows environments
- Authentication Manager: Lets businesses use a combination of tokens, smart cards, biometrics and passwords to manage access to applications throughout the network
- Provisioning Gateway: Allows businesses to control their identity administration software, such as Oracle Identity Manager, to provision application accounts that can be accessed through Single Sign-On Manager
- Kiosk Manager: Enables users to access applications in a secure manner at multi-user kiosks and workstations, so that users can work from several locations throughout the day
Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite is available now and is priced on a per-user basis.
Check out eWEEK.coms Security Center for the latest security news, reviews and analysis. And for insights on security coverage around the Web, take a look at Ryan Naraines eWEEK Security Watch blog.