iOS 6 Maps Getting Flak From Apple iPhone, iPad Users
Apple's new iOS 6 software update replaces Google Maps with Apple Maps as expected, but so far, unhappy users are panning the change in online forums. Meanwhile, Google Maps touts new features for Android users.Since Apple's new iOS 6 operating system became available for download Sept. 19, many users have taken to the Internet to loudly vent their frustrations about the loss of Google Maps in in the company's new mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The new Apple Maps app is being panned as being wildly inaccurate, unimpressive and even just plain bad, based on dozens of posts on Twitter in the last 24 hours.
Among the annoyed Tweets seen on Sept. 20:
- "iOS 6 Maps doesn't tell intentional lies, obviously, but they might as well be -- what good is a map if you can't trust it?"
- "IOS6 maps fail so hard, a Tumblr is born"
- "I didn't think iOS6 maps were so bad, but... whoa."
- "iOS6 Day. Stepping outside without Google Maps for the first time in years. I might not make it back home."
- "iOS 6 maps are a really gorgeous, dreamy, smooth way to get to a place that is about a quarter mile from your destination's actual location."
- "If any of you people who just downloaded the new iOS 6 maps need directions to your mom's house just hit me up."
- "Yesterday iOS6 maps tried putting our car onto a golf cart path, and later into a lake. Good times!"
- "don't be surprised to see apple fanboys forming long lines outside random places tomorrow."
- "Dear Apple can we please have our Google Maps back? Your maps are completely useless!"