FalconStor Adds Cumulus Logic Predictive Analytics to FreeStor
Intelligent Predictive Analytics works in real time for data visualization, analysis--similar to machine-learning tools Splunk and Tableau.FalconStor Software, a longtime provider of storage management software, said Sept. 30 that it has licensed functionality from Cumulus Logic for a next-generation, cloud-based predictive analytics monitoring system for its FreeStor platform. FreeStor is a single, converged, hardware-agnostic data services platform that works horizontally across all heterogeneous storage hardware, including all-flash arrays, hybrid flash and hard disk drive (HDD) arrays. Cumulus Logic's product is called Intelligent Predictive Analytics. Intelligent Predictive Analytics works in real time for data visualization, analysis and action with capabilities similar to the historical analysis provided by machine-learning software tools such as Splunk and Tableau, FalconStor CEO Gary Quinn told eWEEK. When it adds the new functionality, FalconStor said it will be one of the first—if not the first—vendors to offer heterogeneous intelligent analytics that works across an entire storage environment, no matter the type or location.
Beta Program to Start Soon
- Centralized monitoring, analytics and configuration across heterogeneous storage infrastructures;
- Analyze and report storage, server and application metrics on varying levels;
- Multivendor analytics: collect, analyze and correlate data from storage and application layers;
- Historical and real-time trends and reports;
- Streaming analytics and real-time insights;
- Proactively detect and alert performance bottlenecks and health risks using a real-time analytics module;
- Personalized dashboards;
- Native iPhone/Android apps—mobile functionality;
- Real-time performance, health and inventory monitoring; and
- Define health policies for storage servers, and act on those in real time.