Micro Focus, whose shelves are already well-fortified with an eclectic list of software types ranging from COBOL to SUSE Linux to NetIQ, is adding a new one that handles compliance.
The Sunnyvale, Calf.-based company Dec. 13 launched Digital Safe 10, which enables users to mitigate information-borne risk stemming from the current surge in regulatory, government and privacy mandates. These include the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which becomes law in the European Union next May.
With Digital Safe 10, users can refine their information-archiving tasks to solve the complexities of compliance for various jurisdictions. It also can be used to augment analytics apps, Micro Focus said.
Enterprises of all sizes are subject to expanding data compliance requirements to which they must be able to respond quickly. This is complicated by the exponential growth of employee-generated content (email, voice messages, text, images, instant messages, documents and social media).
Digital Safe 10 manages legal and compliance risk with high levels of security, high-end processing capacity, employee supervision, scalability and compliant storage, Micro Focus claimed. Features include:
- GDPR, MiFID II support: Single-pane-of-glass approach to manage multi-format archived data required for comprehensive compliance reporting and data mining;
- Enhanced data capture: Open APIs to capture and understand structured and unstructured data in hundreds of file formats, including mobile and social media, which is then consolidated in a unified object store;
- Enhanced user interface: A single, modern and efficient user interface that enables high performance early-case assessment (ECA);
- Live capture verification and validation: Tracking, reporting and reconciliation of e-communications data, providing evidence of data integrity–from ingestion to deletion;
- Integrated reporting framework: Reporting capabilities on data processes with export to all standard file formats and delivery methods;
- Integrated, advanced analytics powered by Micro Focus: More than 400 analytical functions powered by the analytics of Micro Focus’ Vertica and IDOL, plus new forms of data enrichment, such as sentiment analysis, message clustering and machine learning that enable organizations to efficiently find meaningful insights through fewer queries. Information archiving, more efficient lexical-based supervision and built-in security come through Micro Focus’ Voltage and Atalla applications.
Digital Safe 10 plus the rest of Micro Focus can help users address SEC, Dodd-Frank, HIPPA, FTC, FDA, MiFID II, GDPR, and many more regulatory requirements in a single solution, the company said.
Micro Focus also announced the release of Retain 4.3, a unified archiving solution targeted at medium-sized businesses that require an on-premises solutions to supplement Digital Safe in countries with strict data sovereignty requirements. The latest Retain solution incorporates carrier-level archiving that enables organizations to capture and store text messages (SMS and MMS) delivered on the carrier network for compliance purposes. The data is secured and archived in a central unified repository that includes multi-platform email and social media.