Protecting data has always been one of the most important tasks in all of IT, yet as more companies become data companies at the core, it sometimes becomes taken for granted—until a company gets hacked. Then the emphasis changes dramatically. Veritas was founded on the idea that infrastructure is software for large enterprises, and it really focuses on protection, availability and insights into how the infrastructure is performing.
Veritas says it will be there every step of the way in a company's data protection journey, whether that means keeping up with national and international privacy regulations, ensuring airtight data protection or looking to gain valuable insights based on their data.
In this eSPEAKS video, we cover:
- High-level overview of what Veritas does
- Innovation and customizable capabilities within the company
- How dark data impacts Veritas
To get an insider's perspective, eWEEK spoke with: Doug Matthews, Vice President of Product Management, Veritas. Host: Chris Preimesberger, Editor, eWEEK
Veritas SaaS Backup
Veritas SaaS Backup is a cloud-based backup service that protects SaaS applications such as Office 365, G-Suite and Salesforce. It's easy to set up and manage, and allows you to find and restore data with a click of a button.
The Veritas Digital Compliance portfolio helps providers address overarching telehealth challenges through three core tenets—visibility, retention and action.
APTARE IT Analytics
APTARE IT Analytics provides centralized visibility for multi-vendor IT infrastructure, delivering actionable insights through a single pane of glass.
Veritas has announced the integration of its CloudPoint data protection product into the latest version of NetBackup, v8.3.
With this launch, Veritas enables enterprise users to improve the resiliency of their applications and infrastructure, regardless of the context. By extending the core of EDSP—NetBackup—to include the Veritas Resiliency Platform (VRP) and CloudPoint, Veritas offers a single platform with enterprise resiliency features and functionality to protect and recover data wherever it resides.
NetBackup now features:
Strengthened ransomware resiliency:
- Expanded ransomware protection with hardened NetBackup appliances and vendor-agnostic immutability for storage utilizing NetBackup OpenStorage Technology (OST);
- Secure infrastructure supporting 2048-bit encryption and integration with third-party key management systems (EKMS) giving customers choice;
- Role-based access control (RBAC) enhancements that provide greater flexibility and simplify role management
- Added resiliency through granular recovery of virtual machines with near-zero Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and efficient Recovery Time Objective (RTO) thanks to Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
- Orchestrated rehearsals with zero production impact to verify the efficiency and effectiveness of recovery procedures
Cloud-native data protection:
- Cloud-native protection for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud with full Veritas CloudPoint integration
- Expanded cloud-to-anywhere—including Azure Stack to Azure Stack and Azure region-to-region—with push button orchestrated disaster recovery using full Veritas Resiliency Platform integration
- Workload and data portability in hybrid and multi-cloud, with both to-the-cloud and between-cloud storage tiers
Expanded and simplified single platform:
- Elimination of siloed management tools with the expansion of EDSP to now include cloud protection, workload migration and disaster recovery across on-premises, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments
- Maximized storage efficiency, reduced bandwidth requirements, and consolidated infrastructure costs with direct-to-cloud tiering, enabling management of data in multiple buckets, storage tiers, and cloud environments from a single node with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Storage cost optimization with integrated management and reporting, including expanded coverage for workloads, policy and storage management, and enhanced infrastructure visibility from Veritas APTARE™ IT Analytics
Enhanced workload support:
- 50x faster discovery for VMware vCenter and vCloud, reducing discovery time from hours to minutes for large environments
- 25% faster dynamic NAS data protection via auto-discovery of resources and load balancing with the ability to restore data anywhere on any NetBackup target, removing vendor lock-in
- Control of discovery, backup, restore, and automation at scale for Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) to simplify management
CloudPoint 2.0, the latest edition of its snapshot-based data protection software, features new-generation snapshot management and orchestration technology that uses Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud native snapshots. By adding extensive data-protection capabilities, it gives users new ways to replicate, search and classify their data.
This latest integration with Azure builds on a strategic partnership between Microsoft and Veritas created in 2017. Veritas previously announced 360 data management capabilities that are focused on helping customers extract more value from their data.