On Tuesday, August 15 at 11 AM PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be Next Generation Data Analytics, and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEK’s Editor-in-Chief.
We’ll discuss – using Twitter – the evolving trends and strategies for using data analytics in pursuit of competitive advantage. Our ultimate goal: to offer guidance to companies about how to get the most from data analytics – now and going forward.
See below for:
- Participant list for this month’s eWeek Tweetchat on data analytics
- Questions we’ll discuss in this month’s eWeek Tweetchat
- How to Participate in the Tweetchat
- Tentative Schedule: Upcoming eWeek Tweetchats
Participants List: Next Generation Data Analytics
The list of experts for this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following – please check back for additional expert guests:
- Luis Flynn, Sr. Manager for AI and Analytics, SAS
- Gur Steif, President, Digital Business Automation, BMC
- Sunil Senan, SVP of Data & Analytics, Infosys
- Scott Dykstra, CTO, Co-Founder, Space and Time
- Anil Inamadar, VP of Global Services, Instaclustr
- Chad Meley, CMO, Kinetica
- Andi Mann, Global CTO and Founder, Sageable
- Zeus Kerravala, Founder and Principal Analyst, ZK Research
- James Maguire, Editor-in-Chief, eWeek [moderator]
Tweetchat Questions: Next Generation Data Analytics
The questions we’ll tweet about will include the following – check back for more/revised questions:
- First, let’s look back: How would you describe the evolution of data analytics in the enterprise over the last few years? Do most companies have an effective strategy?
- Here in 2023, to what extent is data analytics living up to its promise as the great competitive tool?
- Clearly, enterprise data analytics strategy is constantly in flux. What’s driving it forward (or backward) in 2023?
- What about the trend toward the “democratization of data” – easier access to data. Is it real? Is it working?
- We know that AI and generative AI is revolutionizing enterprise tech. How do you expect it to change data analytics practice?
- Looking ahead, what do you expect to be the toughest challenges facing the effective use of data analytics?
- How do you recommend addressing this most difficult data analytics challenge?
- What forward-looking Best Practices advice would you give to companies to grow their data analytics usage?
A last Big Thought about data analytics – what else should managers/buyers/providers know about preparing for the future of data analytics?
How to Participate in the Tweetchat
The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT on August 15. To participate:
- Open Twitter in your browser. You’ll use this browser to Tweet your replies to the moderator’s questions.
2. Open Twitter in a second browser. On the menu to the left, click on Explore. In the search box at the top, type in #eweekchat. This will open a column that displays all the questions and all the panelists’ replies.
Remember: you must manually include the hashtag #eweekchat for your replies to be seen by that day’s tweetchat panel of experts.
That’s it — you’re ready to go. Be ready at 11 AM PT on August 25 to participate in the tweetchat.
NOTE: There is sometimes a few seconds of delay between when you tweet and when your tweet shows up in the #eWeekchat column.
#eWEEKchat Tentative Schedule for 2023*
July 25: Optimizing Generative AI: Guide for Companies
August 15: Next Generation Data Analytics
September 12: AI in the Enterprise
October 17: Future of Cloud Computing
November 14: Edge Computing Trends
December 12: Tech in 2024: Predictions and Wild Guesses
*all topics subjects to change