I’m no recruiter, but I am an avid Internet researcher and came across a nice little post over at the job board Careerbuilder, which put out a list of the active companies hiring right now in August, and the majority of these companies have technology job openings.
Here is a condensed list involving those who list IT or tech jobs including the companies and number of positions being hired. Be aware that the number of job openings include other positions (not only tech), but are a good indication that technology work is essential to almost every vertical industry you will find.
- Adventist Health System (Health care): 1,200 Openings
- AT&T (Telecomm): 2,000 Openings
- CB Richard Ellis (Real Estate): 187 Openings
- Gentex Corp. (Automotive Parts): 140 Openings
- Guitar Center (CRM): 55 Openings
- Harland Clarke (Marketing and Tech Solutions): 50 Openings
- HealthPort (Electronic Health Records): 60 Openings
- Holland America (Leisure): 65 Openings
- Shared Technologies (Telecomm): 50 Openings
- Sutter Health (Health care): 1,700 Openings
- Tetra Tech (Engineering/Government): 85 Openings