Security researchers and the press have had a field day exposing more and more security vulnerabilities in wireless networks. If you believe the hype, you would think wireless networking so porous as to be useless.
Obviously thats not the case, as many individuals and corporations are already making productive and profitable use of wireless.
But how do you separate the hype from reality?
Were here to help. This special report brings you everything you need to know about securing wireless networks, including strategies for handling the chaotic nature of wireless, how to capitalize on current wireless standards and profiles of technologies that wont kill your budget.
Weve included a risk assessment tool, a security aptitude quiz, an article exposing the scary implications of intruders being able to “peep” in to Wi-Fi networks and details on newly discovered vulnerabilities in the WPA wireless security scheme.
In This Report:
- Dealing With Gaps in Wireless Security (Baseline)
- Securing a Wi-Fi Project at St. Johns University (Baseline)
- Ciscos Wireless Security Standard (Baseline)
- WLAN Profile: Wavelink Corp.s Software (Baseline)
- BlueSocket: Easy, Effective, Expensive (Baseline)
- Enterprise Challenge: Managing Wireless and Mobile Devices (Baseline)
- Problems with WPA Wireless Security Protocol
- A Step by Step Approach to Implementing Safe WPA
Related Resources, Articles and Links:
- Nosy Wi-Fi Neighbors
- Tool: Getting More Precise at Risk Assessment (Baseline)
- Quiz: Assessing Your Companys Security Aptitude (Baseline)
- Urban Wi-Fi Gridlock Predicted To Arrive in 2004 (Techweb)
For the most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute wireless coverage and analysis, be sure to bookmark eWEEK.coms Wireless Center