On Tuesday, November 9, at 11 AM PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be “New Tech to Expect for 2022,” and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEK’s Editor-in-Chief.
We’ll discuss – using Twitter – important trends in emerging tech: what’s up with data, with AI, with cloud computing? Will digital transformation live up to the hype? What technologies will move forward, which will lose ground? What will be the biggest trend of 2022?
How to Participate: On Twitter, use the hashtag #eWEEKChat to follow/participate in the discussion. But it’s easier and more efficient to use the real-time chat room link at CrowdChat.
Instructions are on the Tech 2022 Crowdchat page: log in at the top right, use your Twitter handle to register. The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT. The page will come alive at that time with the real-time discussion. You can join in or simply watch the discussion as it is created.
Special Guests, New Tech in 2022
The list of data storage experts in this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following – please check back for additional expert guests:
- Larry Lunetta, VP WLAN and Security Solutions Marketing at Aruba
- Raj Samani, Chief Scientist, McAfee
- Kevin Coppins, CEO, Spirion
- Ram Chakravarti CTO, BMC Software
- Sid Mistry, VP of Marketing, Appen
- Bruce Kornfeld, Chief Marketing & Product Officer, StorMagic
- Dan Griffith, Cloud Native Advocate, HPE
- Llanor Alleyne, Managing Editor, IT Business Edge
- Chris Ehrlich, Managing Editor, Datamation
- James Maguire, Editor-in-Chief, eWeek [moderator]
Chat room real-time link: Go to the Crowdchat page. Sign in with your Twitter handle and use #eweekchat for the identifier.
Questions for the Tweetchat
The questions we’ll tweet about will include – check back for more/ revised questions:
- First, let’s get a current portrait: what technology has been the biggest winner in 2021?
- If you had to pick one technology that will “star” in 2022, what would it be?
- Which technology will fade the most in 2022? What’s dying off and/or becoming less influential?
- What will be a big surprise in 2022 technology? What don’t we see coming?
- What about cloud in 2022? What will be a key trend?
- AI and ML in 2022? What do you predict?
- Data analytics? How will data in the enterprise grow in 2022?
- Will the current craze for “digital transformation” continue, fade or grow larger in 2022?
- Your one big predictions for tech in 2022?
#eWEEKchat Tentative Schedule for 2021*
Jan. 12: What’s Up in Next-Gen Data Security
Feb. 9: Why Data Orchestration is Fast Replacing Batch Processing
March 9: What’s Next-Gen in Health-Care IT?|
April 13: The Home as Enterprise Branch
May 11: Next-Gen Networking Products & Services
June 8: Challenges in AI
July 15: VDI and Enabling Hybrid Work
Aug. 17: DevOps & Agile Development
Sept. 14: Trends in Data Storage, Protection and Privacy
Oct. 12: DataOps and the Future of Data Management
Nov. 9: New Tech to Expect for 2022
Dec. 14: Predictions and Wild Guesses for Tech in 2022
*all topics subjects to change