The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the largest and most influential data storage advocacy and standards body in the world, on Nov. 15 announced its 2018 Board of Directors and Technical Council.
As a globally recognized and trusted authority, SNIA’s mission is to lead the storage industry in developing and promoting vendor-neutral architectures, standards and educational services that facilitate the efficient management, movement and security of information.
“At this time of profound change in the storage industry, SNIA is focused on the hottest data storage trends, delivering standards, technology enablement, and educational materials that help IT to derive the maximum benefit from the new infrastructures and technologies,” new Chairman David Dale said.
The SNIA Board leads the execution of the SNIA mission and vision. Intel, Micron Technology, NetApp, Oracle and Toshiba representatives were elected to the SNIA Board this year, and IBM, Intel, Microsoft Corporation and Samsung Group representatives were elected to the SNIA Technical Council.
Here is the listing of board members:
• David Dale, NetApp – Chairman
• Jim Pappas, Intel – Vice-Chairman
• Thomas Rivera – Secretary, Advisor
• Allan Zmyslowski, Fujitsu – Treasurer
• Wayne Adams – Chairman Emeritus, Advisor
• Michael Oros – SNIA Executive Director, Advisor
• Sue Amarin, Micron Technology
• J. Metz, Cisco Systems
• Rupin Mohan, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
• Rob Peglar, Symbolic IO Corporation
• Hubbert Smith, Samsung Group
• Tatsuya Tanaka, Toshiba
• Michelle Tidwell, IBM
• Jim Williams, Oracle
• Mark Carlson, Toshiba – Technical Council Co-Chairman, Advisor
• Bill Martin, Samsung Group – Technical Council Co-Chairman, Advisor
• S.W. Worth, Advisor
The 2017/2018 Technical Council is:
• Mark Carlson, Toshiba – Co-Chairman
• Bill Martin, Samsung Group – Co-Chairman
• Alan Bumgarner, Intel
• Craig Carlson, Cavium
• Fred Knight, NetApp
• Philip Kufeldt, Huawei
• Alex McDonald, NetApp
• Peter Murray, Virtual Instruments
• David Pease, IBM
• Tom Talpey, Microsoft Corporation
• Doug Voigt, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
• Arnold Jones, SNIA – TC Advisor
• Gregory McSorley, Amphenol – TC Advisor
• Leah Schoeb, Turbonomic – TC Advisor
• David Thiel – TC Advisor
• Steve Wilson – TC Advisor
The Storage Networking Industry Association is a not-for-profit global organization, made up of member companies spanning the global storage market. SNIA’s mission is to lead the storage industry worldwide in developing and promoting standards, technologies, and educational services to empower organizations in the management of information.
Thus, the SNIA is uniquely committed to delivering standards, education, and services that will propel open storage networking solutions into the broader market. For more information about SNIA, go here.