Adobe is using its extensive intellectual property portfolio in the CX (“customer experience”) genre and is connecting with the open source community to build smart new apps for enterprises.
Enterprises are focusing on updating and improving their digital presence across all aspects of their businesses—products and services, operations, employees and go-to-market. However, Adobe contends, the companies that will win are putting a clear focus on providing a world-class, end-to-end customer experience—where digital transformation begets growth.
To this end, Adobe on Sept. 24 re-launched its Adobe Cloud Platform as the Adobe Experience Platform and designated it as the “data foundation for customer experience management” and to serve as a tool for enterprises to take action on data from the Open Data Initiative—also introduced Sept. 24.
Application code resulting from this initiative will be released to the open source community.
Three Huge Companies Leading the Way
Adobe, Microsoft, and SAP founded the Open Data Initiative, an alliance that aims to make data silos a complete thing of the past. The Open Data Initiative promotes the development of tools that provide a seamless flow of customer data; everything from behavioral and transactional to financial and operational data comes together with one data model, making it possible to have a comprehensive, real-time view of customer data across multiple devices.
Adobe Experience Platform uses data science plus Adobe’s Sensei analytics artificial intelligence engine to synthesize all customer data in one place. So Adobe has quite a bit of investment in this whole initiative.
Here’s what’s the platform offers:
- New Virtual Analyst: Powered by Adobe Sensei, deep AI and machine learning will enable enterprises to unlock more value in the mountains of data they have. The AI will break out critical insights buried deep in data–without the user even having to ask. The cognitive analyst will get more intelligent over time as it learns from user behaviors and delivers more relevant insights.
- Simplified content management for IT: Focused on enhancing flexibility, scalability and speed for IT professionals, Adobe announced its industry-first Single Page Application Editor and enhancements to Cloud Manager for DevOps in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Other Innovations: These enable brands to conduct advanced analysis on customer datasets, improve mobile experiences, create custom data models and govern data more effectively, Adobe said.
More on the Open Data Initiative
Open Data Initiative is designed to bring Adobe, Microsoft and SAP together to enhance interoperability and data exchange among Adobe Experience Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP C/4HANA and S/4HANA via a common data model. The data model will provide a unified data store and allow customers to choose the tools and applications for the development and deployment of services, Adobe said.
Adobe said the Initiative is based on three guiding principles:
- Every organization owns and maintains complete, direct control of all their data.
- Customers can enable AI-driven business processes to derive insights and intelligence from unified behavioral and operational data.
- A broad partner ecosystem should be able to easily leverage an open and extensible data model to extend the solution.
For more information, go here.