EMC has launched its first cloud-building platform.
EMC’s Atmos hardware/software/services package offers massive storage capacity and scalability with policy-based information management software to automatically distribute information anywhere, in real time.
The Atmos storage system is available starting Nov. 10 in 120TB, 240TB and 360TB configurations.
Other features include:
- Object metadata and policy-based information management capabilities, which combine to drive the intelligent placement of information and corresponding services.
- Advanced information management services, including replication, versioning, compression, deduplication and disk drive spin-down.
- Web service APIs, including REST and SOAP, as well as file-based access to provide convenient integration to virtually any application.
- Advanced features such as auto-managing and auto-healing capabilities, unified namespace, and browser-based administrator tools for increased efficiency at a global scale.
- Multitenant support enabling multiple applications to be served from the same infrastructure. Each application is securely partitioned, and data is neither comingled nor accessible by other tenants. This feature is ideal for large enterprises providing cloud services for multiple customers or departments within large enterprises.
Pricing information was not disclosed by EMC.