Startup Chatty Solutions has announced the release of Chatty Apps, a hosted platform for the rapid development and deployment of mobile applications for three major platforms: iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
Chatty Apps is an online development platform that brings mobile application development to power users. Indeed, empowered with the integrated building blocks of Chatty Apps, such as a rules designer and engine, extensible data model and formula calculator, power users and developers can reduce mobile form and mobile application development time from weeks to days, company officials said.
“We were able to create a mobile auto loan application integrated with the banking system of one of our banking customers in a matter of days,” Kay Winkler, partner and managing director of NSI Solutions, said in a statement. “Chatty Apps not only produces cross-platform mobile apps but also eliminates the need for programming or scripting which are the most time-consuming and costly.” NSI Solutions is a Chatty Apps reseller in Panama focused on the banking industry.
Chatty Apps is a 4GL development platform that accelerates Android and iPhone application development and mobile form creation by providing core building blocks that can be used via simple drag-and-drop linking and configuration to build applications.
Chatty Apps includes:
- an extensible data model that uses XML while hiding its complexity;
- a formula calculator that performs calculations in the background;
- a rules engine and designer that enables smart decision making and flow of application logic;
- an action designer that allows the creation of reusable logical components;
- a Web services action designer that makes it easy to invoke and orchestrate Web services and employ them in the application;
- a flow designer that graphically represents the flow of the application and its logic;
- a forms editor that allows the creation of rich HTML/HTML5 or native user interfaces whose sequence is controlled by the flow; and
- an integrity checker that ensures that the application is not broken by pinpointing inconsistencies and missing resources.
Chatty Apps is middleware that sits between enterprise and business applications and mobile devices, providing a way to extend the user interface of applications to mobile devices of all types.
“Companies can use Chatty Apps to orchestrate Web Services and tie them together to perform specific business processes that are available at the fingertips of mobile users,” Rashid Khan, founder and CEO of Chatty Solutions, said in a statement. “Simply touching an image on a smartphone can trigger a transaction that flows across different back-end enterprise applications to collect pertinent information or update key parameters. Chatty Apps makes smartphones and mobile devices the ultimate client platform for enterprise applications that is present wherever the users are.”
In addition to rapid mobile application development without programming, Chatty Apps also enables users to stop working in the middle of a task without losing data. Interruptions do not result in the user having to start all over again. Users can start their work using the device that is appropriate for the moment. Unable to finish the work, they can stop and restart later using a different device that is appropriate for the new situation. The user interface is dynamic and optimized for each device.
Chatty Apps is offered for a monthly subscription fee of as little as $70 per application. The price includes the use of the online design studio, administrative tools, hosting the application for development testing and production with no limits on the number of end users, data base size, memory and bandwidth utilization.