eWEEK is building a new IT products and services section that encompasses most of the categories that we cover on our site. In it, we will spotlight the leaders in each sector, which include enterprise software, hardware, security, on-premises-based systems and cloud services. We also will add promising new companies as they come into the market.
Today: ASG Technologies (multi-faceted data management provider)
Company description: ASG Technologies is a privately held information technology firm based in Naples, Fla. Founded in 1986, ASG Technologies is a leading provider of Enterprise Information Management and IT System Management solutions technology.
ASG Technologies Group, Inc. provides global organizations with a modern approach to Digital Transformation to succeed in the Information Economy. ASG is one of the few providers for both Information Management and IT Systems. ASG’s Information Management solutions enable companies to find, understand, govern and deliver information of any kind, from any source–whether structured or unstructured–through its lifecycle from capture to analysis to consumption. The IT Systems Management solutions empower companies to support traditional and modern digital initiatives, operate their IT infrastructure more efficiently and effectively and reduce the cost of managing and running their internal IT systems landscape. ASG is proud to serve more than 3,000 customers worldwide in 60 countries and in top vertical markets including Healthcare, Financial Services, Insurance and Government.
Markets: Top verticals include financial services, insurance, health care, government. ASG also has customers across all vertical markets.
Other key players in this market: ASG encounters CA, BMC, Informatica, OpenText, IBM, and Citrix, among others.
North America: Naples, Fla. (HQ); Dallas, TX; Herndon, Va.; Lisle, Ill.; Morgan Hill, Calif.; Purchase, NY; Phoenix, Ariz.; San Francisco, Calif.; Toronto, Ontario; Troy, Mich.
Latin America: Brasilia, Brazil; São Paulo, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina
APAC: Beijing, China; Chennai and Hyderbad, India; Wanchai, Hong Kong; Manila, Philippines; Melbourne and Sydney, Australia; Tokyo and Osaka, Japan; Singapore
EMEA: Barcelona and Madrid, Spain; Brussels, Belgium; Chemnitz, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark; Munich, Dusseldorf, Eschborn and Ettlingen Germany; Milan, Italy; Paris and Anitpolis, France; Nieuweigen, The Netherlands; Solan, Switzerland; St. Albans, UK; Vienna, Austria
Products and Services
- Mobius Content Services Platform: ASG Mobius Content Services is a content services platform that manages the entire lifecycle of all types of content at web-scale speeds with accuracy and reliability. It provides a policy management foundation that allows the setting of policies (e.g. security, encryption, redaction, retention) at the content item level. It delivers system interoperability and content federation via a RESTful API to deliver content into any application and to provide a single view of content across the enterprise. Mobius Content Services can be deployed on premises, in the cloud or in hybrid environment.
- Data Intelligence: ASG Data Intelligence is a metadata management platform for data-related compliance and data-driven business agility that enables users to find, understand, trust, and securely share their data, across legacy and relational data stores and the data lake. ASG Data Intelligence provides best in class automation and lineage and the broadest support for data sources and applications available.
- ASG Workspaces: ASG Workspaces is a digital work environment, accessible via a single URL, that provides role-based access to enterprise applications and information, with collaborative and personal tools, all managed in adherence to enterprise IT governance and security policies. It eliminates the technology barriers that prevent the workforce from operating how they want, where they want, on any device. ASG Workspaces fosters productivity and employee engagement while helping enterprises manage the technology, administrative, and licensing overhead of provisioning and ongoing management of technology assets across large, distributed networks.
- ASG Performance Management: ASGPerformance solutions effectively monitor, analyze and manage your computing environment, from supporting systems, applications, components, and platforms to ensure the end-user experience. The ASG-TMON family of products offer a range of software products for the IBM z Systems platform.
- ASG Operations Management: ASG Operations Management solutions simplify both the complex day-to-day and longer-range workload tasks for IT decision-makers and administrators in both the mainframe data center and distributed IT environment. ASG Operations Management solutions simplify both the complex day-to-day and longer-range operational tasks for decision-makers and IT administrators in both the mainframe data center and distributed IT environment. These products are called ASG-Zeke (for the mainframe) and ASG-Zena (for all distributed platforms).
Insight and Analysis
IT Central Station has peer-to-peer reviews on ASG Mobius. Highlights include:
Valuable features: “Archiving is the most valuable feature of this solution.”
Improvements to my organization: “It has improved the reports-bundling feature and has reduced reports printing.”
Room for improvement: “When the new version is available, the vendor should make it easier for upgrading this product.”
Overall Comment:“Our overall experience with ASG has been extremely positive. They are responsive and helpful when issues or questions arise that require their expertise.”
Overall Comment: “Over the years, we have had a good experience working with the ASG/Mobius Customer service area. They have come up with some innovative solutions to a few of our business challenges being a financial leader.”
G2 Crowd, which has publishing peer reviews of software since 2006, published a five-star review on ASG Mobius in October 2018. Highlights:
“The ViewDirect/Document Direct/Mobius solution is perfect for our needs. This product is able to ingest documents of any type and “slice and dice” the content for presentation to the users with security so that they only see what they are entitled to see.”
What do you dislike? “Name changes–the products have gone through too many name changes or inaccurate names which causes constant confusion for our users.”
Recommendations to others considering the product? “Do your research and you will see that no one else is providing the breadth and quality of solution in this space.”
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized? “We are taking single document output file/reports from dozens of dis-similar systems and providing the appropriate content to the individual users without concern that the users are ever viewing what they are not entitled to view.”
List of current customers
ASG has about 3,000 customers in 60 countries. Customers are or have included: Coca-Cola, General Electric, Cisco Systems, Nissan, Verizon Wireless, United Airlines, American Fidelity Assurance, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Citigroup, Citizens Bank, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, United Healthcare and Procter & Gamble
Delivery: ASG products are all available for on-premises installation. The information management products (content services, data intelligence and workspaces) are also available for cloud deployment and support both AWS and Azure.
Pricing: ASG licenses its products as perpetual and term licenses, though options vary by product. Subscription pricing is available. Overall pricing is negotiated. For more information, contact [email protected].
Contact information for potential customers:
Main telephone: +1 239-435-2200