Today: SIOS Technology (high availability and disaster recovering clustering software)
Company description: SIOS Technology provides IT resilience for critical applications like SAP and databases such as SQL Server and Oracle SAP in the cloud, hybrid cloud or data center. Using SIOS high availability clustering software, applications automatically recover from infrastructure and application failures in a matter of minutes with no loss of data, keeping data protected, and applications online. SIOS was founded in 1999 and is a subsidiary of SIOS Technology Inc. based in Japan.
The company is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. Jerry Melnick is the company’s president and CEO. SIOS software runs business-critical applications in a flexible, scalable cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform without sacrificing performance, high availability or disaster protection.
Markets: High availability, disaster recovery, it resiliency, clustering software
International Operations: Japan, UK/EMEA, Singapore/APAC
Product and Services
SIOS DataKeeper software is an important ingredient in a cluster solution that lets customers add high availability and disaster recovery protection to Windows Server operating environments to create a SANless cluster for complete failover protection in environments where shared storage clusters are impossible or impractical. Configurations can be made using any combination of physical, virtual, cloud, or hybrid cloud infrastructures to meet business needs. SIOS software protects business-critical applications like SAP and databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and many others in a flexible, scalable cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform without sacrificing performance and providing the high availability and disaster protection required for a company’s most important applications.
SIOS DataKeeper Software is available in two additions:
- SIOS DataKeeper Standard Edition – SIOS DataKeeper Standard Edition is a lightweight, host-based solution that minimizes the performance impact of data replication on your application servers and network. It keeps realtime copies of data synchronized across multiple servers and data centers for fast, efficient disaster recovery.
- SIOS DataKeeper Cluster Edition – SIOS DataKeeper Cluster Edition is a performance optimized host-based data replication solution for Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2. It integrates seamlessly with Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) eliminating the need for expensive SAN storage. SIOS DataKeeper Cluster Edition lets you protect your business-critical Windows environments, including Microsoft SQL Server, SAP, SharePoint, Lync, Dynamics, and Hyper-V from downtime and data loss using a SAN or SANless cluster in a physical, virtual, or cloud environment.
SIOS Protection Suite for Linux is a comprehensive high availability clustering solution for Linux operating environments. It is a tightly integrated combination of high availability failover clustering, continuous application monitoring, data replication, and configurable recovery policies that protect business critical Linux applications. SIOS Protection Suite solutions are unique in their ability to protect applications from downtime and loss of data from failures whether operating in the datacenter, cloud, or hybrid cloud or in any combination of these.
SIOS Clustering Software includes:
- Ease of deployment and configuration
- Configuration Flexibility
- Replicate within a single site or across data centers or any combination
- Use any type of shared or local storage
- Eliminate the cost and single point of failure risk of shared-storage (i.e., SANs)
- Eliminate complexities of SAN administration
- Optimize data replication performance in both synchronous and asynchronous environments
- Efficient replication engine minimizes network traffic— without hardware accelerators or compression devices.
Insight and Analysis
From a professional on Gartner Peer Reviews (2018): “SIOS helped us with building out a High Availability Solution for our AWS sites. The SIOS technical team assisted us in gaining the knowledge we need to get our process working. SIOS also helped a vendor that we were using to understand multisubnetfailover and how to implement it in their product.”
If you could start over, what would your organization do differently? “Have a better understanding of how multisubnetfailover works.”
What do you like most about the product or service? “SIOS’s willingness to help us be successful.”
Would you recommend this product or service to others? “Yes.”
Delivery: Cloud, hybrid cloud or datacenter
Pricing: License types available:
- One-time perpetual license with recurring annual support services
- Annual subscription
- Monthly consumption based pricing through major public cloud portals
Other key players in this market: Carbonite, Neverfail, Stratus, NEC, Veritas
Contact information for potential customers: