Other World Computing, also known as Macsales.com and which prides itself on being a zero emissions Mac and PC product company, will introduce and demonstrate a new line of Thunderbolt 3-integrated devices at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, set for several locations during the week of Jan. 8.
OWC’s management team and founder/CEO Larry O’Connor will attend the CES Unveiled event Jan. 7, and the products will be displayed in OWC’s hospitality suite located in the Palazzo Hotel throughout the show.
The new products will launch officially on Jan. 8. The distributor claims that the new Thunderbolt 3 products are some of the highest-performing examples of Thunderbolt 3 technology ever produced.
Products launching at CES include:
- ThunderBlade V4: Ultra resilient and completely silent, the ThunderBlade V4 is the fastest external drive on the market today. Capable of speeds up to 2800MB/s Read and 2450MB/s Write, it is a good solution for digital data ingest and other high-tech applications. With the included ruggedized hard shell carrying case and capacities from 1TB up to 8TB, this highly-portable drive is ready to take on location. Pricing ranges from $1,199.99 to $4,999.00.
- Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3: The bus-powered Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 mobile drive offers high speeds, ruggedness and the ultra-portability of easily being able to carry it in a backpack or coat pocket. Speeds of up to 2600MB/s Read and 1600MB/s Write make it a must-have solution for professionals on the move. At about half the size of most drives in this class, the Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 is the perfect solution for high-speed applications on the go. Available in capacities of 1TB at $979.99 and 2TB at $1,699.99.
- ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 (pictured): Thunderbolt 3 speeds up this award-winning, highly-acclaimed product line. With speeds up to twice as fast as the original and capacities up to 48TB, this new version will continue to provide to performance the pros rely on to create workflows without limitations and meet the demands of the most complex projects. Pricing starts at $699 for 4TB.
- Thunderbolt 3 Dual Display Adapters: Use the displays that best work for you. Connect two DisplayPort 4K displays @60Hz, or one 5K display @60Hz via the DisplayPort model or two HDMI 4K displays @60Hz via the HDMI model. The Dual DisplayPort Adapter is priced at $79.99, while the Dual HDMI Adapter is priced at $99.99.
- Thunderbolt 3 Dock (Windows and Mac): With the newest version of the award-winning OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock, OWC brings its dock to the Windows world, delivering more connectivity, power and charging capability at the fastest speed available. This sleek dock offers 12 ports, including dual Thunderbolt 3, five USB 3.1, Gigabit Ethernet, S/PDIF, combo audio, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot. it also supports laptop charging. Price: $299.95.
OWC will celebrate its 30-year anniversary in 2018, a milestone that is rare for a privately-held technology company. O’Connor started the company while still in school, only four years after the launch of the original Macintosh. He honed his focus when he realized he could help other Mac users make their machines better and faster and last longer by offering processor, storage and memory products so they could do their own upgrades.
OWC employs more than 200 people at locations across North America. For more information, go here.