On Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 11 AM PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be Optimizing Your Data Analytics Practice, and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEK’s Editor-in-Chief.
We’ll discuss – using Twitter – the challenges, awesome potential and best practices of data analytics. How can we manage and invest in data analytics now so that we can leverage its greatest future advantage?
How to Participate: On Twitter, use the hashtag #eWEEKChat to follow/participate in the discussion. But it’s easier and more efficient to use the real-time chat room link at CrowdChat.
Instructions are on the Optimizing Your Data Analytics Practice: Log in at the top right, use your Twitter handle to register. The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT. The page will come alive at that time with the real-time discussion. You can join in or simply watch the discussion as it flows.
Special Guests: Optimizing Your Data Analytics Practice
The list of experts for this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following – please check back for additional expert guests:
- Radhika Krishnan, Chief Product Officer, Hitachi Vantara
- Bill Corrigan, VP of Technology, Office of the CTO, BMC Software
- Ciro Donalek, Co-Founder and CTO, Virtualitics
- Rex Ahlstrom, Chief Strategy and Technology Officer, Syniti
- Andi Mann, Global CTO, Founder, Sageable
- Vamsi Paladugu, Sr. Director, Lyve Cloud Analytics, Seagate Technology
- James Malone, Sr. Manager for Product Management, Snowflake
- Santiago Giraldo, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Cloudera
- Bruce Kornfeld, Chief Marketing & Product Officer, StorMagic
- Michael Rayome, Senior Analyst, Amperity
- Jon Osborn, Field CTO, Ascend.io
- Helena Schwenk, Global AR & Market Intelligence, Exasol
- Fred Bliss, CTO, Data Insights, 2nd Watch
- Kaylan Kumar, Global CTO, HCLTech
- Justin Emerson, Principal Technology Evangelist, Pure Storage
- Sonny Rivera, Senior Analytics Evangelist, ThoughtSpot
- Chris Ehrlich, Managing Editor, Datamation
- James Maguire, Editor-in-Chief, eWeek [moderator]
Chat room real-time link: Go to the Crowdchat page. Sign in with your Twitter handle and use #eweekchat for the identifier.
Tweetchat Questions: Optimizing Data Analytics
The questions we’ll tweet about will include – check back for more/ revised questions:
- What’s the general level of success that companies are having with data analytics? Quite successful, or are they floundering?
- What key trends are driving data analytics here in late 2022?
- What are the biggest challenges that companies have with their analytics practice?
- So, Big Question #1 of 2: What’s one essential best practice that companies must employ to optimize their data analytics?
- So, Big Question #2 of 2: What’s that magic “additional” best practices for a best-in-class analytics result?
- Impossible question: Does analytics success largely depend on the platform used? Or are the practitioners far more important?
- What about the “democratization” of data analytics – how it’s more accessible throughout the corporate ranks. Any pithy thoughts about this?
- What’s a big myth associated with data analytics?
What else is important about data analytics – what else should companies be aware of?
Go here for CrowdChat information.
#eWEEKchat Tentative Schedule for 2022*
July 19: Getting Started with Low Code / No Code
Aug 16: Overcoming Multicloud Challenges
Sept 20: The Future of Edge Computing
Oct 18: Optimizing Your Data Analytics Practice
Nov 15: Building Your AI Deployment
Dec 13: Enterprise Tech in 2023
*all topics subjects to change